✓ RPA Challenge 35 - Matching cards

Hi there!

New challenge is here!

The previous challenges were quite serious so what about make it more playful?
More playful :game_die: but a bit harder :muscle: and longer :alarm_clock:

:white_small_square: because the summer is here and some of you are enjoying the sun and having hollidays, let’s call it a summer challenge :sunny: and let’s automate Memory (Matching cards game) together.

How the robot should run? :running_man:

• go to the page with Memory games and choose the best one for your automation (letters, images, … ) or you can use this simple created especially for our robots
  • and … simply start to learn the robot how to play it

Of course I am here for you, having some hints.

How to participate?

• send me your code to PM
  • motivate other participant by sending screenshots and steps of you robot into the comments bellow :left_speech_bubble:

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

And that’s all from me - wish you good luck and looking forward to your solutions.
And see you again in September :wave:
Enjoy your summer and train your robots well to not let them get lazy :robot:

Hello you enthusiasts!

Summer is over and it’s time to give you a solution of this challenge! :brain:
:robot: In my approach robot goes through all squares in pairs and stores their urls (because each image has its own specific url)

• if the pair is match robot will simply continue.
  • if not robot will add the url to dictionary with a specified possition (row+column number)
    or
    compares if the url address already exists in a collection - then will go and find the pair.

Easy, right?

But it had a few tricky parts - for example you have to remember that if a pair is found, robot has to click one more time to let the cards disappear.

For adding attributes in dictionary I installed new package Microsoft.Activities.Extensions.

Or what about saving and further use of the position (row+columns)? - I have it in a different variables which I use as a selectors when needed.

And maybe some more … I am still here to answer your questions :question: :raised_back_of_hand:

Or you can check the solution in the UiPath studio here:
MatchingCards.zip (1.1 MB)

I hope you had a fun time and that you enjoyed this challenge :partying_face:

See you next time :wave: