Knowledge sharing on examples and use cases. RobotICT team is frequently providing new posts about RPA technology updates. You can learn something new here!
To keep the quality of published content on high level, new topic requires moderator approval.
Learn RPA now!
When it comes to IT and technologies, there is no time to start learning better than now. The Sooner you start digging into the mysteries of all the programming languages, software robots, codes, etc. – the better!
Let’s start with a general introduction, for those who don’t know much about it.
What is RPA?
RPA stands for Robotic Process Automation. You probably imagine a huge machine, but these “robots” here are just pieces of software. Robots, that work on computers, not in factories.
Software robots can:
- Mimic every human action made on a computer
- Extract data (text, numbers, tables)
- Make decisions (compare data, check conditions)
- Use a mouse and keyboard, but they do not have to push and touch anything. They’re just computer programs after all…
As robots pick up the tedious business processes, more rewarding, logical and creative work is left for humans.
Where is it used?
This technology is mainly used in the back office. It is used mostly by large corporates, but it can be beneficial for any size of company. And for any kind of company.
Everywhere, where people on computers perform numb repetitive operations, a robot can be a big help. The main motto is: Don’t work like a robot, use a robot.
One of the main advantages is that RPA works on top of the system. It performs the same actions as a human would do, but only without the need of the human. It literally clicks the mouse and keyboard without it being touched. It literally reads what is on the screen without even need to have the screen! Robots usually run on virtual machines, so they even do not need a dedicated PC.
- Time savings
- Cost savings
- Happier employees
- Business acceleration
- and many more! Robots can be really helpful!
Common motivations to learn RPA
- To automate your projects
- To become an RPA Developer and find work in this area
- To use RPA technology benefits in your company
- To understand how this technology can help to your company
Where to get resources?
- RobotICT offers paid RPA Academy courses, that are worth considering. If you are serious about using and learning RPA, consider these courses as an investment. RPA can save a lot of money and RPA developers are demanded.
- UiPath offers online Academy courses, that you can go through. Also, you can download their software UiPath Studio Community Edition for free and use for learning, but also for smaller projects. It has same features as a paid version, so you can learn everything easily and then use in practice.
- There are many instructional videos on YouTube about UiPath and also other platforms as BluePrism or Automation Anywhere. The quality of these videos, however, may sometimes be low. For instance - UiPath release updates every two weeks. So a two years old video can be more misleading than helpful.
- To help the community, we do Free RPA Fridays webinars. You can watch them on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0I7SqJ28E1ICqQ5UOYGijiW-qkwAcpVO