✓ RPA Challenge 19 - Forum statistics

19Hey!
This time, we will work on bots that interact with this Community Forum!
This is an easy Challenge that can be done even by total beginners!

Goal of the Challenge

• Take this list of topics as an input: https://community.robotict.com/latest
  • Have your robot scrape all the details:
    Name, Number of Replies, Number of Views, Last Activity
  • Convert Last Activity (It is displayed in Days Ago, and latest topics have the Exact date) to a format of YYYY-MM-DD for each topic.
  • Save to Excel/CSV file.

Scraping of the details should be easy. Conversion to standardized date format might be a bit tricky but I believe you can fight this challenge!

How to participate?

When you are happy with your robot:

• send .xaml (or another source) file + Excel with results as a private message directly to me (click my profile picture → Message)

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile:

The challenge deadline is 1. 8. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions. :slight_smile:

Hey! Two weeks passed and I recieved two solutions!

Firstly I got a solution fast from @dongovor . Nice tackling of the date-problematic by using attributes of UI elements. There was date in “ticks” format hidden. Very well! +3 robopoints

Secondly I recieved solution from @Katerina.Spurna , long time no hear from you, but solution is also very good! Only it may fail if we have topics from last year. I am not sure then if the DateTime.Parse method would work. Other than that nice and working solution. +3 robopoints

Solutions to download to inspire others:
@dongovor - 19_Solution_dongovor.zip (40.6 KB)
@Katerina.Spurna - 19_Solution_Katerina.zip (37.6 KB)

Keep trying!

Even the deadline is over, keep trying and use this to practice your automation skills!

Leaderboard updated here!