✓ RPA Challenge 26 - Structured Data Validation

Ahoy!
Monday is a lovely day. And you know why? Because there is a new RPA Challenge to strain your brains!

This time we will take a look at topic, that is actually very real-world scenario. There is an Excel spreadsheet with input data for further processing and our goal (or goal of our robot) is to perform validation check based on set of rules.

Goal of robot

• Use this input file: InputData.xlsx (12.8 KB)
  • Perform validation checks as defined in Sheet “Validation”
Column Rule
1 Date Must ba a valid date in format YYYY-MM-DD
2 UserDescription Cannot be empty.
3 ErrorCode Must be exactly three characters long.
4 Result Can only contain APPROVED or REJECTED
  • Cells, that contain invalid data, highlight with red colour.

How to participate :question:

• Send me your code in PM
  • Post in Reply: Excel sheet with results (highlighted errors)

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
There is a leaderboard with your score. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile:

The challenge deadline is 19.9. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. :robot: A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

InputData.xlsx (12.9 KB)

2 Likes

output_1.xlsx (8.1 KB)
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can I use VB code in Excel :wink:

Hi Johannes, yes you can! Any tool except manual processing counts :wink:

HI Roman,
Please find the output file attached. InputData.xlsx (12.9 KB)
I have made the file to adapt changes so that even if the column order is changed it works without any issues.

2 Likes

InputData.xlsx (12.3 KB)

2 Likes

:clock1: Deadline is over

We had four solvers this time! That is also most solvers per challenge record!
I recieved correct solutions from @dongovor , @Berry and @nihith using UiPath and also correct solutions from @Rstar using Python!
Great solutions, check them all here: 26_StructuredDataValidation.zip (156.0 KB)

Great work!

Leaderboard updated here!