✓ RPA Challenge 12 - Anti-procrastination robot

Hello, it is Monday again and that means also new RPA Challenge is here!

This time, your task will be to build a super-useful robot that will avoid procrastination!

Goal :goal_net:

• Create a bot that will run in the background and check on browser tabs. :desktop_computer:
  • Every time a pre-defined website is opened, the robot will close it immediately. :smiley:
  • Use at least 3 websites where you procrastinate: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

How to participate :question:

• Send me your code in PM

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
There is a leaderboard with your score. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile: We are preparing also some prizes!

The challenge deadline is 6.6. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. :robot: A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

3 Likes

Haha, this is hillarious, Roman. This brings 100000% more productivity for me :smiley: :smiley:
I really love the idea.
I sent you my UiPath xaml in PM.

2 Likes

Hello, very fun challenge again! Here attached my Python script, however it can be improved (it works only if the user works on one tab only, not several.) If someone have suggestion to make this python script works on several tabs, I take it! :slight_smile:
anti-procrastinationRobot.zip (924 Bytes)

Time us up! :mantelpiece_clock:

Thank you for taking a part in this challenge - I hope you had fun and you won’t procrastinate now :wink: .

I recieved 3 solutions in total:
With nice solution using UiPath @Jan3256 +3 robopoints!
With another UiPath solution @zaneta.sikova +3 robopoints!
Python solution from our long-time challenger @pmontez +3 robopoints!

UiPath Solution

Download here:
1201_solution.zip (36.6 KB)

Keep challenging!

Even the deadline is over, keep trying and use this to practice your automation skills!

Leaderboard updated here!