✓ RPA Challenge 20 - Organize photographs (or any files) into folders by creation date

20Hello! :robot:

It is me again with a new, challenge! This one really has a useful outcome.

You will create a great robot for sorting out photographs from your travels! When you download files from your camera, there are thousands of files within one folder. Let’s make some order by sorting them into sub-folders based on the day they were taken!

Goal of the Challenge:

• Create a robot that would take folder path as input (prompt or argument).
  • Sort files in that folder by creation date,
  • create sub-directories for each date and categorize the files inside them.

How to participate?

When you are happy with your robot:

• send .xaml (or another source) file as a private message directly to me (click my profile picture → Message)

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile:

The challenge deadline is 8. 8. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

Where do you find all these good project ideas Roman?? :slight_smile: Very fun to do.
Here attached my code.
sortPhotos.zip (934 Bytes)

Time is up! :robot:

I hope your photos will be in order from now!
We had two challengers this time. @dongovor with great solution including very nice error handling in UiPath. +3 robopoints
and after long time no see - @pmontez with solution in Python.
You can check these guys solutions here:
2001_dongovor.zip (38.3 KB)
2000_pierre.zip (934 Bytes)

Ideas for this assignment are welcome!
And even now it is after the deadline, you can still challenge this task by yourself :slight_smile:

Leaderboard updated here!