Hey! Another Monday, another challenge
This time we will do some data scraping and counting! This challenge should be fine also for beginners, but you may need to strain your .
- Scrape Countries and Gasoline prices from this website: Gasoline prices around the world, 09-Aug-2021 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
This will be a nice example of power of RPA since there is a way how to download the data in structured format, even this website offers some API, but both is in paid section. Using RPA we can get the data in structured format!
- Take gasoline consumption (liters per 100km) as input argument and
- for each country - count how far you can get when you spend 100€ for gasoline.
Result to be an Excel table with columns: Country | Price EUR/l | Distance
When you are happy with your robot:
- send .xaml (or another source) file + Excel with results as a private message directly to me (click my profile picture → Message)
- add result Excel file to new post (so others are also motivated to challenge you!)
First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge
The challenge deadline is 15. 8. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.