✓ RPA Challenge 22 - Advanced Auto-Reply bot

22Nice Monday everybody!

This Challenge will be a lot of fun. It will be again a nice use case to help you with your productivity. Your boss (if you have one) and also your colleagues will be amazed by your productivity and especially with how fast you reply to your emails. I bet you will be now always the first one to reply, since you are about to build a robot, that will automatically reply to every message.

But it won’t be just an “out of office” reply. It will be much smarter! Almost artificial intelligence!
:rofl:

Goal of this Challenge

Create a robot that will:

1. Take every received email.
  2. Examine the body of that email.
    • For each sentence that ends with question mark :question:
      • copy that sentence and add a random answer from an array of prepared answers such as: “Yes”, “Indeed”, “I am not sure.”, “I have to think about it”, “I don’t think it will be any problem.”, “Maybe.”, “No.”, “I disagree.” (etc).
    • To each sentence that ends with question mark :question: but begins with When or the question contains “what time”:
      • answer with a random time (such as: “4 'o clock” or “03:15”)

Example incoming email:

Hello Eric,
are you coming to tomorrow’s party? There will be also vegetarian food. Is your wife also coming with you? When would you like to head to town? I will take my car so you two can join me, if you want. What do you think about it?
Trevor

Example reply:

Hi,
thank You for your message. To your questions:
-are you coming to tomorrow’s party?
I am not sure.
-When would you like to head to town?
17:00
-What do you think about it?
No
Kind regards, Eric.

:rofl: I believe your boss and colleagues will love this same as you.

How to participate?

When you are happy with your robot:

• send .xaml (or another source) file as a private message directly to me (click my profile picture → Message)

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile:

The challenge deadline is 29. 8. 5.9. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

One more week to try!

As I did not recieve yet any solution, I decided to give you guys one more week chance to solve this rather easy Challenge! Go ahead and do it! You can Show your RPA skills and win a cool t-shirt! :tshirt:

:mantelpiece_clock: Time is up!!

I believe your colleagues will love this bot.

I received just one, but correct solution for this challenge.
+ 3 robopoints for @anna.hal for solution in UiPath.

:white_check_mark: UiPath solution: 2201_solution.zip (37.8 KB)

Keep challenging!

Even the deadline is over, keep trying and use this to practice your automation skills!

Leaderboard updated here!