✓ RPA Challenge 23 - Text to emojis robot

23Hi! It is a brand new Monday here and with it also a fresh new RPA Challenge! :smiley_cat:
This time the topic is: Text to emojis robot = :keyboard: to emojis :robot:

Goal of the challenge

Create a robot that will:

• take some English text as input. (It can be a paragraph or two from some news article or any kind of article)
  • go word by word and for each word longer than 4 characters perform a search on this website: Emoji searcher
    • if there are any results, replace that word with first (or random) emoticon from the results
    • if there are no results, skip it and leave that word in original text.
  • Type in the result into a new post to this thread (you - human - can click the final “Reply” button)

Example:

Input: Garlic makes a man wink, drink, and smell.
Output: :garlic: makes a man :wink:, :milk_glass: and :nose:.

How to participate :question:

• Send me your code in PM
  • Post in Reply: Original text + converted text by robot.

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
There is a leaderboard with your score. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile: We are preparing also some prizes!

The challenge deadline is 29.8. by the end of the day. Since I publish this challenge a little later than usual, I also want to give you more time. So you have more than two weeks to solve this fun challenge! You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. :robot: A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

1 Like

Input: Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket
My bot was lazy, so here is its output: don’t put all of your eggs in one :basket:

1 Like

:mantelpiece_clock: Tick tock, tick tock. Deadline is over!

I got one solution this time from @dongovor ( + 3 robopoints ) using a very nice solution for the problem.
I would like to link other members to yours solution: :white_check_mark: UiPath solution: 2302_dongovor.zip (43.0 KB)

Keep up!

Even the deadline is over, keep trying and use this to practice your automation skills!

Leaderboard updated here!