✓ RPA Challenge 24 - Check laptop warranty

24Hello everyone! Here is a new RPA Challenge!

Goal of the Challenge

Imagine you have a company with some workers and laptops. You have laptop’s serial numbers and you want to create a robot that will loop through them and check for the end date of warranty.

Inputs: (these are random made serial numbers, but you can use any existing).

PF2R05DK
PF2R05DE
PF2R00AA
PF2R00AB
PF2R00BC
PF2R12DR
PF2R02EW
PF2R02ER
PF2R14TT

Good luck!

How to participate?

When you are happy with your robot:

• send .xaml (or another source) file + Excel with results as a private message directly to me (click my profile picture → Message)
  • add result Excel file to new post (so others are also motivated to challenge you!)

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile:

The challenge deadline is 12. 9. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

Dont forget that you can win a funny t-shirt by completing this challenge!
Show your RPA skills and win a cool t-shirt! :tshirt:

1 Like

Laptops_warranty_info_25.08.2021_10-52-19.csv (1.6 KB)
knock, knock. here is result

1 Like

output.xlsx (5.1 KB)

@roman.hruska Here is my excel file output. How do I message you privately? I am not getting any option such as message when I click profile

1 Like

Hi @Rstar and welcome to the Forum! :slight_smile:
Sorry for that, I fixed that and it should be fine now.
Send your solution via direct message to me - click my profile picture → click Message.
Here attach uploaded solution.
And for this challenge: you can now also attach files to new post. Just drag & drop it - in both cases. :wink:
Roman

1 Like

Lenovo Laptops.xlsx (9.8 KB)
Here you go.

Maybe you can help me with 1 thing. I was trying to figure out a way that the robot will loop through the rows and exits the loops when the value is empty. I’m using the read cell activity which will update the variable before it can check if it’s empty. What would be a good way to exit the loops gracefully?

1 Like

You can read the whole table/column using “Read Range” :wink: You will receive variable of data type “Data Table”, which you can use into activity “For Each Row in Data Table” and loop through all data, perform with each line necessary step :wink:

Ahoj serial_number_data.xlsx (9.0 KB)

1 Like

Challenge is over!

Thank you for your participation!
It was I hope a nice way for you to learn something new.
I recieved four correct solutions of all kinds of approach. So here are our four challengers:
@johannesvanwijk using UiPath
@Rstar using Python - jupyter notebooks
@nihith using UiPath
and @dongovor also using UiPath.
Each of you had different approach and solution but all solutions were working and I want to thank you for them. You all deserve +3 robopoints each!

Here are all solutions of our challengers:
24_CheckLaptopWarranty.zip (122.9 KB)

:heart: Keep up!

Even the deadline is over, keep trying and use this to practice your automation skills!

Leaderboard updated here!

1 Like