✓ RPA Challenge 25 - Job search web scraping

25Guten Morgen!
It is a great pleasure for me to introduce yet another RPA CHALLENGE!
This time we will take a look at web scraping, which can be seen as a separate discipline, or as a part of RPA itself. These days, the whole IT world is everywhere about bots. Anyways…

Goal of the challenge

Create a robot that will:

• Take input - search result from Linkedin (you can use this without loging in): link
  • Let the bot display all results (scroll down, click “Load more jobs” untill a sign: There are no more positions)
  • Extract for each position:
    • names of position
    • company name
    • URL to the job offer
  • Save as Excel file :wink:

That’s it!

Is there a catch?

If it seems to easy for you, that is good! But maybe you will need to struggle with few things. Linkedin job search may try to prevent you from scraping that site. You may have to use Find Children or use F12-developer tools in your browser to alter the Stylesheets a tiny bit to be allowed to do the scrape. So, it is maybe not that easy. Let’s see how you will fight with it :wink:

How to participate :question:

• Send me your code in PM
  • Post in Reply: Excel sheet with results

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
There is a leaderboard with your score. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile: We are preparing also some prizes!

The challenge deadline is 12.9. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. :robot: A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

Results for search keyword RPA Developer in Portugal:
Search_results_for_Portugal_08-31-2021_10.32.05.xlsx (37.8 KB)
Search_results_for_Portugal_08-31-2021_10.32.05_With_Duplicates.xlsx (54.3 KB)

Results for search keyword C# in Japan:
Search_results_for_Japan_08-31-2021_10.39.22.xlsx (78.3 KB)
Search_results_for_Japan_08-31-2021_10.39.22_With_Duplicates.xlsx (96.0 KB)

2 Likes

job_data.xlsx (60.5 KB)
@roman.hruska Here is my excel output. How do I send my code to you ? I am not able to privately message you. I don’t get any option to message you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great job!
Well, sorry for that (I am still fine tuning the settings). So, now you should be able to send a message :slight_smile:

1 Like

:clock1: Time is up!

And I want to thank you for your submitted solutions.
@dongovor and @Rstar you both succeeded in this challenge and you earn each +3 robopoints.

Congratulations!

Leaderboard updated here!

Hi @roman.hruska
Can you share the UIPath solution file

Oh! I forgot.
Here are the solution files from our two participants.
Unfortunatelly, I did not have time now to create my own solution! :slight_smile:
25_JobSearch.zip (9.6 KB)