✓ RPA Challenge 29 - Extract files from email body

Hey! New Challenge is here!

I am a bit late, since I was veery busy these weeks, however, here is new challenge for you. New challenge that actually comes from a real-world use-case. In that scenario, robot receives input files for further processing via email that contains link (hyperlink) to that file (or files). Robot is only lookin for Excel (.xlsx) files. So let’s try to create this part.

Robot should do this:

• Read the email
    • From this source files: 29_EmailLinkExtraction_SourceFiles.zip either use .msg file and send it to your mailbox (and then use Get Outlook Messages or similar activity)
      (OR - in case this somehow cannot work for you - use .html file and read it as text file. In that case: Extract the hyperlinks without opening the html file (act as reading HTML of the Body of the email))
  • search for hyperlinks in the Body of the email (use Regex or any way you will find suitable)
  • identify only those links that lead to .xlsx file (there are few other links in that message too)
  • download Excel file(s) from the link(s) and save in project folder.

In case you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

How to participate :question:

• Send me your code in PM

First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
There is a leaderboard with your score. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge :slight_smile:

Deadline is 21.10. by the end of the day so you have 2 weeks to solve the challenge. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. :robot: A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.

Good luck! :leaves:!

Time is over! :mantelpiece_clock:

With a little bit of delay, here I am saying: I am closing this challenge.
I hope you learned something new, as I did. For example that if you take Body of email that is in HTML format, you can extract urls of links quite easily since they will come up in format:
DataInputs.xlsx <https://community.robotict.com/uploads/short-url/zdh3o0QjjmODcLCO03JeqFvvW8F.xlsx>

Solution masters:

@umbro , @Berry and @dongovor all with correct solution using UiPath. Codes download:
29_EmailLinkExtraction.zip (154.7 KB)

When will be next challenge?

I am currently quite busy, but I will try to prepare new challenge as soon as I got some time and ideas. Meanwhile, feel free to solve some of the old challenges :wink: If you have any idea-topic for a challenge, please PM me!

Leaderboard updated here!

2 Likes