Here is a new fun challenge for your RPA skills!
This time we will teach our robot to play a word chain game with two letters!
The robot has to perform these steps:
- Get the last post from this topic: RPA Challenge Word Chain - #8 by roman.hruska
- Get the last two letters from the last word
- Search for a new word that starts with these two letters
- Add new word as the last word of a new post in the topic.
- Add some text (you can mention if it is a new word or chained word) since a post must have at least 20 characters.
I already trained my robot, so you can get an idea.
- This forum structure uses partially dynamic selectors. Pay attention to it.
- Data Extraction Wizzard can help you a lot, but again - check the selector!
- How to reach the last row in DataTable? → dt.Rows(dt.Rows.count-1)
- How to get the last two letter from a string? → text.Substring(text.Length-2)
When you are happy with your robot:
- have a bot playing word chain in the topic
- send .xaml (or another source) file as a private message directly to me (click my profile picture → Message)
First three correct, original solvers earn 3 robopoints, next get 1 robopoint.
I will hold a leaderboard with your score and update it. Those on top positions will be badged by a special challenger badge
The challenge deadline is 9.5. by the end of the day. You can still submit your projects after the deadline but you cannot earn robopoints. A new challenge is published every week or 2 weeks so don’t worry if you did not catch this one. Keep in mind, your submitted files may be published after the deadline so others can learn from solutions.
PS: Are you having specific trouble with your other projects? Do not hesitate to Ask in our Ask category!